The Management Trainee supports the overall achievement of commercial goals relating to the sales process, brand management and internal and external stakeholder management.
- Reports to the Division Manager or designate
- Collaborates with Commercial Sales/Division Teams
- Liaises closely with Finance, Warehouse, Inventory, and Credit Control Teams
- Maintaining a profitable and professional working relationship with channel customers
- Liaises with local marketing suppliers and vendors
- Sales Process
- Collaborate with Commercial Sales/Division team members to conceptualise effective business strategies and tactics to achieve sales and profitability targets for assigned brands and customer accounts.
- Utilize a data-driven approach to recommend innovative alternative strategies and solutions to support volume, revenue, market share and profit growth.
- Assist with the coordination of commercial initiatives such as sales incentives, retailer programs, and promotions to leverage the maximization of volume and profit.
- Provide operational support to the Sales team members.
- Trade Marketing Planning & Execution
- Assist local commercial/trade marketing teams with planning and coordination of all trade marketing plans, promotions, marketing campaigns and events, as per predetermined brand marketing calendars and providing ongoing recommendations to ensure maximum quality, excellence in execution and continuous improvement.
- Assist with monitoring compliance to trade marketing activities such as planograms, Trade Space Rentals – Gondola/In-Aisle/Floor Displays, POP materials and product availability.
- Assist with coordinating the department’s advertising and promotions (A&P) budgets, liaising with Principals, Advertising Agencies, Media houses and other relevant parties to ensure business deliverables and ROI are achieved.
- Act as a communication hub within the company between Sales/Division Management, Warehouse, and other related internal teams to sustain strong working relationships and ensure business priorities are executed properly in the field.
- Assist with creating effective internal and external communication of program details, funding, business objectives and results among key constituents.
- Trade & Customer Support
- Coordinate with Sales Reps and Merchandisers to ensure delivery of expected service levels to customers as well as the implementation of pricing changes, marketing activities, specials, and in-store promotions.
- Represent the company appropriately to the owners and key personnel of outlets to provide the right attention and complement the service of the sales force.
- Business Analytics & Market Intelligence
- Conduct routine and ad hoc analysis and reviews of the department’s revenues, competitive, category, customer and consumer trends to enhance the brand’s equity and marketplace performance. Create gap analysis, propose, and execute a corrective time-bound action plan.
- Maintain and update pricing on the ERP system as required.
- Act as key liaison for interdepartmental stakeholders
Qualifications & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Business Management, Marketing, or a related discipline
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in business applications and other related commercial software
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team building and collaboration.
- Sound problem solving and analytical skills.